Products / Polywater® PowerPatch® Transformer Leak Repair
Polywater® PowerPatch® Transformer Leak Repair
Transformer Leak Repair System
for Gas and Oil Insulated Transformers
- Fast Repair – Stops active leaks without shutting down equipment.
- Convenient – Seals active leaks in minutes. Also eliminates “bagging” of transformers during transit.
- Resilient – Seal is UV and weather resistant for long-term durability.
- High Adhesion – Adheres to a variety of substrate materials for fast and effective leak repair of power transformers, gas insulated switchgear, and other electrical assets.
- Chemically Inert – Will not affect oils, solid insulation or other equipment.
Polywater® PowerPatch® Transformer Leak Repair permanently repairs oil and gas leaks commonly found in:
– Bushing & portal gaskets
– Bolt & nut leaks
– Welding defects
– Valve & meter connections
The fast, durable repair of oil and gas leaks with PowerPatch® is an economical and effective means to protect essential electrical grid assets. The repair of leaks in the field with PowerPatch® reduces risks to the environment and personnel, and increases the overall performance of the electrical grid.
Leak repair with PowerPatch® reduces the length and frequency of power disruptions to ensure the maximum efficiency of the grid. PowerPatch® is an easy and fast way to repair leaks in transformers by following a step-by-step process. PowerPatch® is successfully applied in numerous installations around the globe, in extreme climates and difficult spots.
PowerPatch® Transformer Leak Repair comes in several field-friendly forms.
PowerPatch® EPCT comes in a side-by-side cartridge (shown above) that mixes the two parts as they are applied. A plunger tool is required for application.
PowerPatch® EP is a thicker paste that comes in premeasured Part A and B cups. The two parts are hand mixed before application.
PowerPatch® EPSC is a slower-curing version recommended for large repairs where more pot life is needed.
The PowerPatch® Sealant is provided in kits with the preparation and patching materials necessary for a good repair. See details in the product table below.