Polywater® InstaGrout™ Utility Pad Sealant Barrier
Pour-In Sealant Barrier that
Prevents Animal and Insect Entry
- Deterrent – Keeps mice, rats, snakes, insects and water from entering the pedestal or cabinet.
- Easy to Use – Ready to mix and apply. No water needed.
- Blocks – Flows and self levels before expansion to seal the entire opening.
- Re-Enterable – Saw or drill after installation to install new ducts or cables.
- Protects – Cured product offers permanent protection through weather extremes.
Polywater® InstaGrout™ seals pad-mounted equipment openings to prevent outages and service disruptions due to entry of rodents, water and humidity. It is a resilient and impermeable ground barrier that improves electrical reliability. It is ideal for equipment replacement where pad opening dimensions and/or pad positions between old and new equipment are different.
Once Polywater® InstaGrout™ is mixed and poured into pad openings, its self-leveling expansion fills voids around conduit stub-ups and cable to create a smooth yet strong barrier. InstaGrout™ adheres to fiberglass, polymer concrete, and concrete pads. It tolerates temperature extremes as it will not settle, crack, shrink or crumble. InstaGrout™ is the best alternative to concrete or other materials used in the past.
See the sidebar for a video on how easily InstaGrout™ installs to form a strong, impermeable ground barrier for pad-mounted equipment.
Polywater® InstaGrout™ Sealant Barrier is supplied in kits that contain everything needed for a good seal, including resins, mixing pails, gloves, and instructions.
The PMT-3 and PMT-10 contain premeasured containers of the two-part curing matrix. The PMT-1 and PMT-2 are "burst pack" pouchs. The two parts are conveniently mixed inside the flexible package after breaking a center seal.