Polywater® CGL Communications Gel Pulling Lubricant
Universal Pulling Lubricant for Copper,
Coax, and Fiber Cables
- UL and CSA Listed – Can be used where inspection is required.
- Superior Friction Reduction – Maximum tension reduction on all types of cable jackets.
- High Cling Factor – Clings to jacket for better lubrication on long runs.
- Meets California CCR 22 Fathead Minnow Screen – No disposal issues. Not a CA hazardous waste.
- Compatible with Cable Jackets Including Fire-Rated & Plenum – Suitable for the broad variety of indoor and outdoor jackets.
Polywater® Lubricant CGL is a high-performance, gel cable pulling lubricant formulated specifically for the communications industry. It is recommended for fiber optic, copper or coaxial cable pulls.
Polywater® Lubricant CGL provides maximum friction reduction between cable and conduit under both low and high sidewall bearing pressures. It is slow drying and leaves a lubricating film after its water base has evaporated. Polywater® CGL is a gel material and can be applied by hand or using Polywater’s LP-D5 pump.
Polywater® Lubricant CGL is safe for the aquatic environment. It meets California regulation CCR 22. Polywater® CGL is suitable for use on PE and low-smoke zero-halogen (LSZH) communication cable jackets.
Polywater® CGL comes in two grades: Regular Grade and Winter Grade (for cold weather use in temperatures as low as -20°F/-30°C).
Polywater® CGL can also be pumped using the LP-D5 Drill-Powered Pump (see sidebar).